In Song Kim
Associate Professor, Political Science
In Song Kim is an Associate Professor of Political Science. He holds a Ph.D. in Politics from Princeton University, where he received a Harold W. Dodds Fellowship for 2012-2013. His dissertation research on the effects of firms’ lobbying on trade policy-making received the 2015 Mancur Olson Award for the Best Dissertation in Political Economy.
Professor Kim works at the intersection of statistical machine learning and political science. His research explores trade policies of various countries in the world on highly specific products, and political activities of firms that produce and trade goods internationally. He is also interested in developing statistical methods for causal inference with panel data, and text analysis for analyzing political documents.
- PhD Program in Social & Engineering Systems▼
- Technology and Policy Program
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in Statistics
- Minor in Statistics and Data Science
- MicroMasters Program in Statistics and Data Science (SDS)
- IDSS Classes
- IDSS Student Council
- Professional & Online Education▼
- PhD Program in Social & Engineering Systems
- News & Events▼
- Podcast: Data Nation
- Past Events▼